For the next 30 days, we will be working on the daily writing prompts by Bianca Sparacino which we find truly inspiring.
Resolutions. Ten is too few to cover everything I want and plan to do but ten is too many for the things I can genuinely commit to, right at this moment at least. It’s challenging to come up with a list of things I want to do. Almost everything I can think of, I’ve already been doing. Although, I still need consistency in a lot of things. So here are the ten decisions I’m willing to make everyday. Simple and actionable.
Ten daily reminders for myself.
1. Eat clean and healthy.
2. Get at least six hours of sleep. Aim for at least eight though.
3. Exercise. Go out for a run or jog regularly. Do yoga or other core exercises. Be fit and strong. Your body needs strength.
4. Only say “sorry” when it’s warranted. Stop spouting sorry’s. Stop saying sorry to a chair when you bump into it. Stop apologizing for things beyond your control, especially when you’re not at fault.
5. Think about yourself and prioritize yourself over others. Do not over-compromise. People will learn to cope without you over-compromising. You can’t be too kind all the time.
6. Smile more often. You don’t know how much it can light up someone’s day. Plus, you’ll feel a lot better when you smile.
7. Write an opinion article every week. Share your thoughts despite fear of judgment. Practice that skill. The world needs it. *wink*
8. Believe in your ideas and make them happen. When a great idea comes to you, you owe it to the world to make it real.
9. Stick to your budget. It’s part of developing discipline and achieving your goals.
10. Allow yourself to feel again. Embrace life and open yourself up. You can’t feel real happiness without allowing yourself to be vulnerable to other emotions. You’re stronger than you think.
** Decide to do this everyday and follow through with action. You can be what you’ve always wanted to be.
Words by Althea
Photo by Olu Etelu
Read another version of Day 2’s ten resolutions, Frances’ list