For the next 30 days, we will be working on the daily writing prompts by Bianca Sparacino which we find truly inspiring.
1. To see the magic in everything. To catch moments of wonder. To recognize potential in the littlest things.
2. To be present. And not just on social media. To go beyond Instagram-worthy pictures and Facebook posts. To connect beyond the screens.
3. To continue learning–in the academic setting and in real life. The world has a lot of lessons to teach and weneed to be receptive to it. Blink and you might miss it.
4. To be open to new experiences. To meeting new people. To practicing spontaneity. To trudging the path less traveled.
5. To contribute more to society. To pursue passion projects. We live to not merely exist but to use our time and energy to enrich and make this world a better place.
6. To be kind to myself. I need to truly believe that I am enough and that I do not need anyone’s validation to accept myself. To learn to embrace everything about me–flaws and all.
7. To take care of my body and feed it with healthy food and healthy thoughts. We need to take care of ourselves to be able to take care of our loved ones and do the things we want to do. It starts with an appreciation of our bodies and what it can do.
8. To be more giving and forgiving. Because a heavy heart is toxic to well-being. To give without expecting and to have the wisdom to let go when things are getting too much to handle.
9. To cultivate relationships and be a better person, daughter, friend. Because as we grow older, we tend to have lower tolerance towards other people’s bullshit and learn to appreciate genuine relationships.
10. To love more. Even if it hurts. Especially when it hurts. Because love, no matter how messy, will always be worth it.
Words by Frances
Photo by Yasemin K.
Read another version of Day 2’s ten resolutions, Althea’s list